Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dancing cane news... good and bad...

The new dancing canes are in production.  Sadly, they  will NOT BREAK IN HALF  for travel and storage.  I thought I'd found a way to make them easily store and still have them perfect, but, when I did the R&D I found it was not possible to keep the weight to a minimum and still have the aesthetics and the function still perfect.... so they will store, once again, in a 36" mailing tube..

The picture is of the cane nobs.. mid manufacture.. not painted or finished.. I just posted it to give you a preview of what the shape of the knob of the cane is going to be.  They were cast off of a REAL brass knob.. and there is NO SEAM running over the top of the knob..  in fact.. on many of them, there is hardly any sign of a seam at all!  I found a GREAT way to minimize any casting lines... a feat I'm particularly proud of!  It was a problem with the last edition that I finally found a way to fix!

However.. they're still SUPER LIGHT.. average weight is just 58 grams.. that's only a fraction over 2 ounces... the Creekmore canes were over 6 ounces...

Even with the lack of breaking in half.. I still think these will be BY FAR the best looking and most practical dancing canes EVER on the market!

No comments:

Post a Comment